Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Timing is everything

I came across this book by Julie Rennie recently and it inspired me to make some changes to the way my days are structured to see if I could gain some energy and lose some weight.
Metabolic Clock
Following the principles of the book I decided to wake up with the sun at 6am, get into work early and finish in the early afternoon, head straight to the gym from work and then have the evening free to wind down before heading to bed around 9.30pm. It seems to be working really well, I have more energy and it's easier to fall asleep. The book also has some good healthy recipes, one of which I made today.


It kind of looks like a petri dish science experiment but actually it is a 
flourless orange and raspberry cake!


I enjoyed a slice. Ok, 3 slices, but it's healthy!! There is no added fat, just almonds, orange, eggs and sugar. I had some raspberries in the freezer so I sprinkled them on top to add some extra colour.


Sarge supervised, it must have been exhausting work :)

5 comments:

  1. Sure! Unfortunately I can't post the recipe here but will get it to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could do that - waking up early and relaxing in the evening. Unfortunately this work schedule doesn`t allow. You`re lucky!!

    Looking forward to a new lifestyle next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, discovered this cute food blog today:

    http://www.101cookbooks.com/

    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Renee, I have seen that one :) lots of nice vegetarian recipes there.

    ReplyDelete